Random Rantings and Ravings from a Slow-Poke Runner in the Heart of the South. (A Weeekly (sort of) Blog about running and just about anything else)

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Trails & Treads 5K Run


My wife and I received our applications for the 2006 Trail and Treads 5K run here in Tupelo, Mississippi. For all of you who have never been to Tupelo, Trails & Treads is a local outdoors sporting goods store - sort of like a really small version of an REI store. They took over this race last year, which was simply called the Heart Run in the past. This year, all proceeds benefit the Health Care Foundation of North Mississippi.

It is your typical out-and-back 5K course, very flat, not too much scenery really. It starts and ends below the Wellness Center where I work out. I had planned on running it last year and would have been looking at breaking 30 minutes then. However, I came down with plantar fascilitis in the weeks before and couldn't run. I kept the shirt though, as it is one of the finest you'll get for any race - a long sleeve technical brooks running shirt.

This year I hope to break 26 minutes! I have more hard work to put in over the next few weeks to try and accomplish this goal but I'm feeling pretty good about it right now. If any of you are going to be around here on April 1st, here's a link to the race application or shoot me a comment and I'll be happy to give you more information. I hope everyone is having a great weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
/body>