Random Rantings and Ravings from a Slow-Poke Runner in the Heart of the South. (A Weeekly (sort of) Blog about running and just about anything else)

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY!!!

Last week a day in history passed that no one even noticed. Not even me.

Monday, a week ago, was the One-Year Anniversary for the Running in the Deep South blog by yours truly! Yep, one year ago I posted on how I got started running and got this very blog started at the same time.

I can't say that the writing has gotten any better but my running sure has! That week I was planning for a 5K and ran a grand total of 13 miles! The Saturday before I completed a 4-mile "long run" and actually wore my camelbak to stay hydrated! Ha Ha Ha!!! I have to say that I am almost as proud that I have stuck to blogging as running! Usually my efforts at such ventures fall by the waist side after a couple of days!

My first blog entry elicited an actual comment by famed trail runner Scott Dunlap! (He knows Kristen Armstrong personally ya know!) I haven't heard from him since but I have gained some readers over this first year that leave me great feedback and encourage me on a consistent basis. I want to thank Phil, Terry, Jim, Michele, Leonard, my brother R., and parent-in-laws for their "comment support" along the way!

My next post will mark number 100 for this blog, which will probably summarize the long run this weekend. My running is going fairly well this week but I have been busy with the CCO in town at work and the weather has been bad. I hope to knock down 7 in the morning but heavy rain is projected.

I know I have let many of you down when I failed to follow through on my "fearless reviews" of running gear :-) but I thank you for sticking around! I appreciate the support as I continue my quest to complete 26.2!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Phil said...

Congrats on your 1 year anniversary. You've certainly come a long way over the past year.

10:37 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations! Here's to reaching the first mile marker and hope there are many many more!

5:39 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have come a long way. Wish I had started blogging when I started running distance. It would be fun to long back at some of those first runs.
Keep up the great work.

2:22 PM

 
Blogger Scott Dunlap said...

Time flies when you're blogging fun! Congrats on the anniversary, and your continued adventures in running.

Cheers, SD

8:14 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
/body>