Random Rantings and Ravings from a Slow-Poke Runner in the Heart of the South. (A Weeekly (sort of) Blog about running and just about anything else)

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Injury Update

The visit to the doctor today was a big ol' waste of time. Someone at work assured me that she was absolutely sure he was in-network for our insurance but when I had filled out all that stupid paperwork -- guess what -- he was out of network. I was not about to pay $200 for a doctor's visit an x-ray so I went back to the office and called around.

Apparently, there are no sports medicine physicians/podiatrists in-network in my area so I started calling around. I talked to a nice lady at a rehabilitation clinic who said she thought an orthopedic doctor would be more appropriate anyway for an ankle injury so I began calling to see when could fit me in.

I now have a 3:30 appointment on Friday with Alexander J. Bibighaus III, MD. Hopefully he is someone knowledgeable about sports-related injuries and hopefully he won’t prescribe too much time off!

I appreciate all of the feedback you gave me from the previous post! I am not suspicious of my shoes, though I can't say I have been thrilled with their support. According to my running log, they currently have 324 miles on them. (Getting close -- but not quite worn out just yet.)

I iced my ankle last night and kept it elevated on the couch. Unfortunately, I am just too busy at work to find time to do the same. I am going to ice it now and take some more Advil. I will try to work out tomorrow with some weights and use the stationary cycle at the gym. If the doctor clears it, I will go mountain-biking Saturday in lieu of my long run.

I am looking forward to the doctor's visit tomorrow because I hope to get this injury behind me. I will update you all as soon as I can!

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I wear shoes out in about 200 miles, a while back, I posted pictures about how the corners wear down... what this does is cause my leg to extend just a fraction more in my running stride. This extra extension can cause me hamstring pain...

I'm just saying that some people get 500, 400 miles... I only get 200.

3:02 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

But it might not be shoes related...

5:22 AM

 
Blogger Phil said...

Good luck next Friday .. and give as update on your bike rides.

5:48 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
/body>