Random Rantings and Ravings from a Slow-Poke Runner in the Heart of the South. (A Weeekly (sort of) Blog about running and just about anything else)

Saturday, July 01, 2006

Finally! Hiking Pictures!!!

I finally made the time to get some pictures uploaded from my 8 mile hike on the Appalachian Trail. My computer cooperated this time so I hope you enjoy seeing some of the sights! Above is one of the signs we encountered almost 2 miles into the hike. It didn't tell us how much farther we had to go but we estimated about 2 1/2 more miles.


You can't tell too much from the picture but parts of the trail were almost surreal. It actually felt like we were in one of the Lord of the Rings movies expecting to hear "Froto! Froto!"


I believe this was called the Clearwater Spring Shelter. There were a few people taking their time and resting when we checked it out. It actually seemed nicer than I expected but I would be scared to death to spend the night in one of these places! We knew we were getting close to the Bunion when the trees opened up to this view:


Charles Bunion is definately a place you do not want to visit if you are afraid of heights. There are cliffs with drop-offs of several hundred, perhaps thousands of feet. It was a hazy day but still beautiful! Pictures can't really capture the views but here a few I took:


For some reason I can't get any other pictures to load in this post. I will try doing another one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
/body>