Random Rantings and Ravings from a Slow-Poke Runner in the Heart of the South. (A Weeekly (sort of) Blog about running and just about anything else)

Thursday, June 08, 2006

10 miles and all's well!

I didn't have the time to run 4 miles today so I cut it short by a mile - completing 10 miles this week thus far. Today was a "race tempo" run, but only at about a 9:00 min/mi pace. You can check out my split times on my running log. I plan to speed up a little as the weeks progress but only on Tuesdays.

I have to say I felt GREAT after the run and finally feel I am coming out of all of the soreness I have felt for so long. I plan to run an easy easy 3 miles tomorrow -- probably at a 9:45 pace. I will then finish off the week on Saturday with a 7 mile long run, giving me a solid 20 miles for the week.

I have to give kudos to Phil for suggesting I slow down more. It seems I could really see the alternating hard and TRUE easy days paying off even this early. I just hope it continues, especially after I began packing on the miles!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
/body>