Random Rantings and Ravings from a Slow-Poke Runner in the Heart of the South. (A Weeekly (sort of) Blog about running and just about anything else)

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Houston: We have a problem.

I am sorry I haven't blogged in a while. I haven't even summarized my last few weeks of running, but I am actually progressing on my 10K running strategy pretty close to the plan. I have missed a couple of runs the last two weeks. Last week I missed Friday's run because of stormy weather but the week before I did the big no-no: missed my long run! But most recently I seem to have refound my motivation and may actually achieve 30 miles this week!

HOWEVER, I have been having a little bit of a problem lately. My calves have been REALLY sore! I don't know if its my legs getting used to the new shoes or what but when I say sore, I mean limping around the office sore!

I tried extra stretching but it hasn't really helped. I could try taking Ibuprofin more but the bit I have taken didn't seem to help. I haven't tried icing yet but I will try it some and see how it goes. Any suggestions out there? I can't imagine that it is overuse because I haven't dramatically increased my mileage. Nevertheless, I am looking forward to my rest day tomorrow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
/body>