Random Rantings and Ravings from a Slow-Poke Runner in the Heart of the South. (A Weeekly (sort of) Blog about running and just about anything else)

Sunday, January 29, 2006

A Great Week!

It was a pretty great running week for me this week. I met my goal mileage for the week, exceeding it by almost 2 miles for 21.8 miles. Early in the week, I ran my 2-mile speed run faster than I have recently for a 7:56 pace (good for me). I also unexpectly felt so good on a 4-miler on Thursday that I set a new PR for that distance (35:08). My long run this weekend went well and was a great way to finish off the week.

I'm not as fast as a lot of those runners blogging out there who I like to read as inspiration. (Congrats Jim on that 18-miler this weekend!) But I am making progress, especially with my speed lately, and I'm starting to feel like I can reach the goals I set for the year. Nevertheless I felt good about the week and treated myself to some rainbow sushi at Ichibon's Saturday night!

I have targeted my first race for the year: it is about 9 weeks away on April Fool's Day of all days! It is the Heart Run 5k here in Tupelo. I had signed up last year but came down with plantar fascilitis and couldn't run. I wear the T-shirt and even reviewed it in one of my recent blogs. This next one I will get to earn!

I hope you all had a great weekend! If you have any tips about how I can increase my speed and distances at the same time, feel free to drop a line!

3 Comments:

Blogger Jim said...

Shane,
congrats on making your goal and passing it for the week! It is awesome that you can see improvements in your runs. That the way it is-one day things start clicking and it seems like you've reached a different plateau.

Let me know if you would like some company in the run in Tupelo. I need to go to my mother-in-law's sometime this spring. Maybe we can hit Malones for some catfish!

Jim

6:44 PM

 
Blogger Shane (mississip) said...

Jim,

Sounds great! (even though you'll kill me) But it doesn't take much to talk me into Malone's!

Shane

6:31 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Shane... great work on establishing a goal, no matter if is a particular race or the number of runs in a week. I have found that having a goal helps keep me movitivated and makes everything else in my life easier as well.

catfish... yummy.

3:25 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
/body>