Random Rantings and Ravings from a Slow-Poke Runner in the Heart of the South. (A Weeekly (sort of) Blog about running and just about anything else)

Saturday, November 19, 2005

20 Miles in a week!

Well, I believe that this is the first time in my life I have ever ran 20 miles or more in a week. Even when I could run faster in college, I didn't run this far. If you check out my running log in the links to the right, you'll see all of my runs and times. I ran 21.4 miles this week with a long run of 7.40 miles this morning. I wish I had kept this running log when I couldn't run a quarter mile in March of last year! Just a brisk 30 minute walk got my heart racing, my back hurting, and left me gasping for air.

If any of you read this who are in the same shoes I was in 20 months ago, stick at it! Just realize that it didn't take you a couple of weeks to get where you are now, and it you can't get where you want to go in just a couple of weeks either. Think "lifestyle change". Therefore, if you miss a night of walking or splurge for one meal, it's okay. You are making progress and making changes for a LIFETIME. Don't get discouraged - just get back after it! Persistence pays! Good luck!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Rick said...

Congrats on 20+ miles!

8:30 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
/body>