Random Rantings and Ravings from a Slow-Poke Runner in the Heart of the South. (A Weeekly (sort of) Blog about running and just about anything else)

Sunday, October 23, 2005

Shane Wins North Mississippi Race for Cure!


Well, not really. But I did beat my wife! With all kinds of friends and family rooting against me (some openly and some secretly) I pulled away at the start and never looked back!

It was a great race which drew over 2,900 runners and walkers and raised thousands of dollars for a great cause. On a cold (for this area) and windy day, I started well and ran the first two miles in 17:30. The wind and my low gas tank slowed me down a bit the last mile and a tenth, but I still managed to meet my goal of under 28 minutes. Just barely! I ran it in 27:59 - just under the wire! This gives me a 8:56 minute per mile pace which I am proud of for now. Tricia came in at 31:55. She took almost three minutes off her 5K time from March of this year and I'm proud of her! More about race goals is coming in a new blog to be published soon!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
/body>