Random Rantings and Ravings from a Slow-Poke Runner in the Heart of the South. (A Weeekly (sort of) Blog about running and just about anything else)

Monday, January 17, 2011

Sigh.....

Here I am.

January 2010.

I'm starting over.

I am pretty sure I have lost any readers due to my long hiatus from blogging but reading over my blog reminded me of how much it helped me to write out my running journey, even if it was just for me.

I discovered something about myself recently. I do not handle job stress all that well. Over the past couple of years I have been in a very stressful job and the one negative response to all of that has been to gain weight and neglect exercise.

I am writing this entry on the day of a wake-up call in my life and I intend to do something about it.

So I am starting over....from scratch that is.

If you were to read over my various blog entries you might see that I was able to run a few races over the course of a few years. Not fast mind you, but I was able to run a couple 10K's, half-marathons, and even a full-out 26.2-miler.

But all of that was then ... and this is now. Now, a slow jog to mailbox would probably give me a side stitch and a walk around the blog makes my back scream in pain, "Why Shane? Why?!".

But I have decided. I am starting over. Even if it IS from "ground one".

This is my blog and today I start the journey back to fitness.

Stay tuned...there's more to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
/body>